Thursday, August 21, 2008

Vinager and Honey

I have heard a saying before and I have always liked it, but never really thought it applied to my life. I have always thought it applied to great blessings or great tragedies. It goes as such:

Many Years ago in Cornwall there was a preacher named Billy Bray. He was a man of powerful spiritual gifts who came out of a hard life in the tin works of England. When he heard someone telling a long story about troubles and sorrows, his remark was: "I've had my trials and troubles. The Lord has given me both vinegar and honey, but He has given me the vinegar with a teaspoon and the honey with a ladle."

I have been having some hard times the past few weeks and sometimes I feel really down. But then the Lord sees fit to lift me up and show me how blessed I am. I have loving friends and family all around me, and opportunities to excel in work and to learn new trades. I have been humbled and shown the blessings in my life. No matter how hard it may seem the Lord is always standing by just waiting for me to turn to him and see the blessings He has given.

1 comment:

McKayJoice said...

I enjoy Vinager, and i enjoy honey . . . so mine would have to be cilantro, yeah life has feed me cilantro and honey.