Friday, August 8, 2008

Trains and Automobiles

My friend Kendra and I were on our way to Salt Lake and then on to Ogden for dinner. We had to go (well we didn't have to go, I wanted to go) to Mom and Dad's house to pick up my newly aquired time recorder. The morning started off with a short drive to Ryan's house, Kendra's brother-in-law, who then took us straight to my parents. There was a baby shower going on for my little nephew Isaiah. I have some thoughts about those things but they are for another day, this is just about the adventure that we had. Once I had my time recorder we had Jonathan take us to the trax station on 5300 South. This is where the fun begins.

Of course we had to by the tickets so we didn't get kicked off the train but that was not as easy as one would think. When we got to the machine there was already a woman with her two sons trying to get their tickets. Well the machine was not working and wouldn't take a 5 dollar bill. They finally got it to work and when Kendra went to put her money in it also wouldn't take her 5 dollars. She had to resort to a $20. Now for any of you that might know how this works is when it gives you back change it doesn't do so with bills, it gives you coins. So we ended up with about $16 worth of one dollar gold coins. Which are not all bad, they are actually kind of cool.

We rode the train all the way to Gateway were we got off and went shopping for about an hour. I got some pants at Aeropastale and then got us lost in Dick's Sporting. I know that your thinking but it's easy to get lost in there when you are distracted with all the fun things that you want to buy.

Back on trax for a couple stops until we got to front runner. For your information the train leaves every hour on the quarter hour, remember this and it will save you some embarrassment. Some people don't know this and they should. Because when you get to the station and the train leaves in 20 minutes there is no need to run the 20-30 yards to get on the train. However if you ever find yourself taking the train may I suggest getting there a little early so you can watch these rather large groups of people that get off trax and then run to frontrunner as if there is one million dollars on there and the first person to reach the train gets it all. It is very funny. That in-itself is embarrassing but what really gets you is now that you have run to make the train before it leaves all you can do is sit for the next 19 minutes and 47 seconds until it does. But at least you are on there, and if there was a million bucks on there you would have been all over it.

I don't remember much of the train ride because I feel asleep, which I do often. Once we arrived in Ogden it was about a 3 block walk to The Pizza Factory where we were meeting Kendra's family. We were going to walk but why do that when there was a perfectly good free taxi/train/carnival ride to take you there!

We got there a little early and so we sat and watched people try and surf. There is a sweet place called Flowrider and it looks amazing. I really want to try it. Maybe some day I will take another adventure and that's were I will end up.

No comments: