Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bette Midler and 4-wheelers. Chewing gum and headlamps.

Most girls have a girls night out. Guys can have this as well, but when there are only two guys it's what I like to call a 'man date'.

Ours started out like any normal night- dinner and fun with some friends. But as soon as the sun went down the real fun started. I, through not a lot of digging, mostly just asking, got two 4-wheelers and I decided it was time to go up to the top of Mount Logan. Since I am not particularly attached to a member of the opposite sex right now the next best option was Rowdy.


We drove up to the girls camp in Logan Canyon and unloaded the machines. By this time it was pushing 10:30, so it's getting pretty late. There were people camping and trying to get some sleep but we were not going to let them. We took of kickin' up the dust and havin' a blast. We made it to the top of the mountain and stared at the stars looking for some meteors. We did see a few. After about 45 minutes of some deep conversations and some crazy ones we got back on our trusty steeds and woke up all the campers as we rode them down the mountain.

Men, don't be afraid of a man date every once in awhile. It may have been the best Friday night I have had in the past month. I plan on doing it again, however next time I hope it will be a real date and not a man date.

2 comments:

Rowdy said...

You know, I am ok being the second best option to girls.

Jenny Alama said...

you're right. man dates are nothing to be ashamed of. the questionable thing would be if you had a man crush on him...