Thursday, February 19, 2009

UN 1972

I just finished taking a test online for my "Save the Planet" class that the school is forcing me to take. It is a general class and should be treated as such.

I am not huge on saving the planet but I try to help in any small way that I can. Turning off lights, not driving when I don't need to, recycling, not littering, just a few of the things I feel are important. I support the time and energy it would take to find affective forms of renewable energy. In short I feel I do plenty to save the planet.

If you are a educator and teach a college class here is some really good advise that I strongly suggest you adhere to.

If you are teaching a general class, anything lower then 2000 level, only require students to find information from the book that you have required them to purchase for an insane amount of money or lecture notes. Don't expect them to go out and find the information on their own. Odds are they are taking your class because they have to. If it is part of their major, the higher lever classes will require them to go out and actively search for more info then is provided in the text.

Really I don't like this class and the man factor behind it is that I spent $80 on a book that is useless to me. Take a hint instructor: Ask questions that the answer can be found in the text.

2 comments:

Rowdy said...

I just don't get the book. Most answers they ask on assignments can be found online for free.

Jenny Alama said...

SAVE THE PLANET!...
ok i can't pretend. i think its dumb too.