Friday morning came early, for me anyway. We ate some breakfast and then unloaded some jeeps from the trailer while others went to the rental place to get theirs.

I was driving a jeep owned by a man named Ryan. It is a sweet jeep, not as nice as Jay's, but I wasn't about to complain. I was a bit nervous to drive it though because I was an inexperienced driver and didn't want to break anything. Once I got a handle on the gear shifter and a feel for how the jeep would move it was like I had become one with the machine- a beautiful melding of man and machine, one that can't be stopped. Unfortunately we were stopped, a couple times.
The first day we went on a trail called Cliffhanger. It was a lot of fun and challenging at times. Day two was spent on Hell's Revenge. There were some very challenging places on this trail, the Escalator, the Elevator, and the Hot Tubs. I went on the first two. I didn't really want to go on the Escalator after seeing Jay almost tip and scratch his jeep but he talked me into it and I am glad he did. It was one of my favorite obstacle we went on.
I went through one of three Hot Tubs and rode with Jay in one as well. We didn't make it out when I was with him but Brett went after we made some changes to his jeep. After that adventure and getting some lunch we headed to the river bottom and the Pickle. The river bottom was a lot of fun. After going really slow all day we got to open it up and race through some sand. The only way to get to the Pickle is to race. Once in the Pickle it's about a half mile of obstacle after obstacle. That is my favorite trail.
After conquering those rocks we raced back to the main road and I got second. Jay sneaked in and beat me by seconds. After some pictures we headed back to the hotel. I'm glad I was able to go on this amazing trip. It was like nothing I every expected- it was better in every way. I can't wait for the next trip.
2 comments:
Oh yeah, so worth missing a hockey game. Just don't miss the one of Friday.
You are NUTS CRAZY!!
Post a Comment